Hochschule Worms is one of the pioneers in tourism-related education and offers a variety of specialization opportunities in Tourism/Travel Management unparalleled in Germany.
The Department of Tourism/Travel Management was founded in 1978 and is now one of the best known and most prestigious of its kind. It offers students a scientifically sound yet practical, hands-on education in the curricula. Furthermore, the department offers a unique diversity of specialization possibilities for the travel and tourism industry.
Our courses at the Department of Tourism/Travel Management
- The B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) »Tourism and Travel Management« (6 semester), one of the initial courses of the study programme, is well established and continuously enhanced. With this qualification, graduates can obtain executive positions in tourism and travel management. It further entitles them to apply for a Master's study programme.The »Tourism and Travel Management« study programme can also be carried out as a dual course in conjunction with one of our renowned cooperation partners.
- The innovative B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) »International Tourism Management« (8 semester) is based on the curriculum of the »Tourism and Travel Management« Bachelor's study programme and complements this with two semesters abroad. Essential characteristics are its international focus and its intercultural curriculum.
- The B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) »Aviation Management« (7 semester) is designed for students who wish to combine an English-language business degree with in-depth knowledge of the processes of the aviation industry. Practical deployments at different companies, accompany the course and complement the study programme. Students are well prepared for careers in specialized and managerial positions in corporations and institutions within the aviation industry. The English-language study programme »Aviation Management – dual« can also be completed in conjunction with one of our renowned cooperation partners.
- The Bachelor programme (B.Sc.) »Aviation Management and Piloting – dual« (6 semester) enables students to acquire a commercial pilot's license for aircraft or helicopters while studying at the university. By linking pilot training and technical-business management studies with a focus on the aviation industry, students are well prepared for a job in aviation, but also in the management of an airline or other aviation-related companies and institutions.
- The Bachelor programme (B.Sc.) »Air Traffic Management – dual« (6 semester) combines a study course with vocational training in collaboration with DFS Deutsche Flugsicherung GmbH. The course is held in English and entails a combination of practical training in the air traffic control field and a business-oriented study programme, thus enabling students to acquire a wide range of skills. This programme gives graduates a broad skill set which opens up multiple deployment perspectives, even in addition to or outside the traditional air traffic control positions.
- The objective of the consecutive M.A. (Master of Arts) »International Tourism Management« (4 semester) is to broaden and deepen the skills acquired in a bachelor study programme. It qualifies graduates to take on managerial roles in the tourism and travel management field or to apply for a doctoral degree programme. The option of a German/French double degree with the Université d'Avignon also exists.
- The tuition-based MBA (Master of Business Administration) »Business Travel Management« degree programme is a business administration general management programme with a focus on the scientific enhancement of business travel management competencies. This innovative programme, unique in Europe, is aimed at business professionals from the business travel industry and related sectors, and closes a professionalization gap in academic business travel education.
The tourism study programmes, unless stated otherwise, are predominantly offered in German with a complementing foreign language curricula in English (compulsory foreign language) and French or Spanish (elective foreign language). Other optional languages currently offered are Russian, Arabic and Mandarin Chinese.
The aviation study programmes are taught completely in English (Aviation Management) or German/English (Aviation Management and Piloting).
The travel and tourism industry is one of the few remaining growth industries and one of the last industry sectors in which German companies are world leaders. Like the continued growth of the travel and tourism industry, this also secures jobs.
There are many good reasons for studying at the Department of Tourism/Travel Management at Hochschule Worms - arguments that you should take into account when choosing your place at our university.
We look forward to welcoming you soon as a student.
Prof. Dr. Hans Rück,
Dean of the Department Tourism/Travel Management