Visa & Residency Permit

If you’re planning to study in Germany, you will need a visa and residency permit. 

You will not require a visa to enter Germany if you possess a valid passport from an EU Member State, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland. However, please make sure your passport is valid long enough, and if necessary, renew it as early as possible before leaving for Germany.

Before your arrival in Germany:
If you’re coming to Worms from Australia, Israel, Japan, Canada, New Zealand, South Korea or the USA, it is possible to enter Germany on a tourist visa and then register for a longer-term visa after you arrive.

If you are a citizen of a different country, please check with the German Foreign Ministry.