The Test de français international, TFI™, evaluates the listening and reading proficiency of people in the French language, whose native language is not French. The test results show how well people can communicate in French in business and academic environments. The TFI™ test is recognized as proof of a person's French-language competence by businesses and universities worldwide, when considering potential candidates for admission to their organization.
The next test date will be announced in due time.
Please verify in advance whether the TFI™ test is accepted at the university you are applying to.
Recommended materials to preapare for the test: Guide de Préparation au Test de français international, available here.
- Non-incremental placement test with CEFR mapping (no pass-or-fail exam)
- Paper and pencil
- Administered by certified test administrator
- Listening: 90 multiple-choice questions in 42 min.
- Reading: 90 multiple-choice questions in 68 min.
|Language Level||A2 - C1 in accordance with the CEFR|
|Test length||110 min. test duration|
- Admission requirement for certain study programs
- Evaluation and certification of a student's receptive French-language skills for job starters and exchange students
- Exit test for graduates to enhance their applications and get better job prospects
- Score report with scaled score (10 - 990)
- Correlation table with CEFR mapping and Can-Do-Statements
- Certificate (optional)
- Score evaluation within 7 working days, excl. postal time
- Express evaluation on demand