If you are enrolled at one of our partner universities, you may be eligible to study at Hochschule Worms as an exchange student. Exchange students generally pay their home institution’s tuition fees during their time in Worms,
and the process of transferring credits to your home institution is very simple.
Please note the following application deadlines for exchange students and dual-degree-students:
|Summer (Spring) Semester||Winter (Fall) Semester|
|General deadline||1 Dec||1 June|
|Deadline for students, |
who require a visa to study in Germany
|1 Nov||1 May|
HOW TO APPLY
STEP 1 – Nomination
You first need to be nominated by your home university’s international exchange coordinator. Visit your international office to find out about the process, requirements, and deadlines for being nominated.
STEP 2– Application
As soon as you are nominated you will be provided with a link to our online application (MoveOn). Please note, that only applications received through MoveOn will be processed. Furthermore, only complete applications sent within the deadline can be accepted.
Please see here for further information about the learning agreement and course selection process.
STEP 3 – Compile Application Document
- After submitting the application in MoveOn a PDF of your application will be generated, which need to be signed by the student AND the coordinator (home university), and then send by postal service within the deadline to HS Worms (details will be shown in MoveOn)
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript (photocopies are acceptable)
- Résumé/curriculum vitae – 1 copy in English, but conforming to the German CV format (see an example template)
- 3 copies of your identity document (ID card or passport)
- 4 passport-sized photos (biometric, no more than 6 months old, white background – your head must be approx. 3.5 x 4.5cm and show your entire face and both ears) – please put your name on the back of the photos! We will not accept self-printed and black-and-white pictures!
- If applicable: Proof of valid health insurance (see Health Insurance for Exchange Students)
- If applicable: Receipt semester contribution (see Fees and Expenses)
- If applicable: Learning Agreement
Details about these materials are provided in our online application (MoveOn).
STEP 4 – Mail your application (originals, no scans or copies) together with all necessary documents to the following address:
- INCOMINGS -
Please note the deadline for application (see above)! Within this deadline we need to receive the complete application documents as originals by postal service (no scanned versions by email), otherwise we can not accept you as an exchange student!
You will be provided with information regarding our Accommodation Service in our online application (MoveOn). Due to the limited capacities we are only able to offer housing on a first-come-first-serve-basis.
STEP 5 – Confirmation
If your documents are complete and we receive the originals by postal service in time, we will send the letter of acceptance to your home university.
All non-EU students receive furthermore an application for a long-term visa, which they hand in at the appropriate diplomatic representative of the Federal Republic of Germany (embassy/consulate) in their home country. With this document you can avoid further costs at the foreign registration office here in Worms.
STEP 6 – Visa
With your letter of acceptance, you can get a visa at the appropriate diplomatic representative of the Federal Republic of Germany (embassy/consulate) in your home country.
STEP 7– Orientation Schedule
As follow-up, we will send you by email content and schedule information about our on-campus orientation program. Participation is mandatory.
If you have any questions about applying for exchange study at Hochschule Worms, please contact the International Exchange Coordinator:
Martina Brodhäcker (Ms)