Fees and Expenses

Tuition and Fees for Exchange Students and Dual-Degree Students

If you are coming from one of our partner universities for a semester or year of study, or want to take part in a dual-degree programme, please check with your home university to find out about fees and tuition during your studies at the Hochschule Worms. Please check for further details also the application site for exchange students and dual-degree students.

You will only need to pay a small semester contribution of currently Euro 163.50 for the first semester and Euro 143.50 for any further semester ("Rückmeldung"). This contribution covers administrative and support costs. Furthermore, if needed you can access a cheaper public transportation ticket and access to the university’s inexpensive student cafeteria (Mensa). The semester contribution is no tuition fee.

Semester Contribution

You can transfer the semester contribution of currently Euro 163.50 (for the first semester, for a second semester the contribution is currently Euro 143.50) to the following bank account before your arrival in Worms:

Recipient:Landeshochschulkasse Mainz
IBAN:DE39 5451 0067 0010 1766 79
Bank:Postbank Ndl der DB Privat- und Firmenkundenbank
Reference 1st line:6681 1567 38921 Stud.-Beitr
Reference 2nd line:Exchange Student and your full name

In general, please note, that you need to mentioned all above mentioned details in the transfer, otherwise the payment can not tracked to you. It is not possible to pay the semester contribution in cash, only bank transfers are possible.

Typical Student Budget

Costs for daily activities and personal expenses in Worms are relatively low in comparison with many other cities in Germany.

CategoryAverage monthly expense
Accommodationapprox. Euro 300-450
Foodapprox. Euro 350
Discounted meals available for students on campus
Books, supplies, study materialsapprox. Euro 50
Health insuranceapprox. Euro 100
Total average costs per monthapprox. Euro 900

For more information regarding typical living costs for students in Germany, you can also take a look at this information from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).