With our co-operative Aviation Management and Piloting degree course, you combine the pilot training courses to obtain an Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) with a degree course in aviation management. After six semesters, you will be awarded an academic “Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)” degree, as well as the ATPL for airplanes (ATPL(A)) or helicopters (ATPL(H)), respectively.
Thus, you will be prepared for a career as an Airline Transport Pilot, as well as for management positions in an airline or other companies or institutions in the aviation industry. At the same time, your Bachelor’s degree qualifies you to start a consecutive master’s degree program.
With the ATPL, you are entitled to fly airplanes or helicopters under commercial operations as pilot in command, including aircraft which require a multi crew cockpit.
For the flight training part of our degree course, we collaborate with the European Institute of Aviation and Business gGmbH (EIAB).
The degree course has been offered successfully for more than ten years. It was the first of its kind in Germany to receive official accreditation.
- Better career prospects – dual qualification combining an Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) and a “Bachelor of Science” degree.
- Modular training – more flexible with more flight experience than usual integrated standard trainings offer.
- High amount of IFR – more than 100 hours flown by means of Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) in addition to flight simulator training.
- Integrated stay abroad (ATPL(A)) – several months stay at our partnering flight school in Florida (USA).
- State of the art technology – flight training on airplanes with glass cockpit as well as the usage of modern simulators.
- Coordinated study organization – content-related, administrative and spatial connection between cooperation partners whilst having appointed contact partners for our students.
- Multi-faceted teaching formats – theoretical training through modern Distance Learning Program offered by CAT Europe, 24/7 availability for field-related questions and classroom-based sessions with qualified theory lecturers.
- Practical-oriented management training – Worms University of Applied Sciences is one of the most renowned universities for aviation management.
- Attractive university studies – numerous Anglophone lectures, extensive practice-related contacts, wide range of electives, exciting guest lectures and diverse campus life at Worms University of Applied Sciences
- Financial security – deposit of the pilot training fee in a non-profit limited liability company.
You will find further information about the course contents on the following webpage.