When opting for the study course „Tourism and Travel Management (BA)“, you choose a sound business management programme with a focus on tourism.
What you can expect:
- Conveyance of comprehensive knowledge of the tourism industry and all relevant stakeholder groups
- Building up a basic skill-set in business studies and the practice-oriented deployment
- Gaining intercultural and foreign-languange competencies
- Acquiring social and methological skills in preparation for successfully entering the work force.
Distinguishing features of the study course:
- The curriculum follows a composite concept, incorporating all aspects of the value chain of tourism in equal measures. Thus, undue specialization on individual segments of tourism such as the tour operator or hotel sector is not required, and you remain flexible in your studies in order to place your own emphasis in due course.
- It is your choice whether you opt for a study programme comprising six semesters/terms or the alternative option (seven terms) which includes one term abroad.
- By the way: the six-semester option is also offered as a dual study course.
With the degree „Bachelor of Arts (BA), you will position yourself perfectly for a career in the tourism industry and be well suited for a vast range of positions in management and leadership. Also, it will qualify you to enrol in a Master study course.
These courses are designed so that you can work in almost all areas of the tourism and travel management sector. These include, in particular:
- Tour operators, travel agencies and online travel marketing
- Transport carriers such as airlines, trains, buses, cruises and rental cars
- Tourist destination work in tourism organisations and incoming agencies
- Hotel and hospitality industry
- Business travel agencies and travel centers in companies
- Event management, trade shows, conventions, conferences