Registration / Lending / Loan periods / Renewals / Reservations
- You have to register in person at the library to be able to borrow media.
- To do this, all user groups fill out the registration form.
- University members present their student or employee ID.
- Non-university members need a valid identity card or a passport with a registration certificate. Your reading card is valid for 1 year (extension possible). A one-time fee is charged.
- Minors need a declaration of consent from their legal guardian.
- ID applications are accepted outside of the core opening hours, and borrowings can then be made on the following day at the earliest.
- In order to borrow media, students need their student ID, university staff and other users need a library ID. This ID must always be presented when borrowing.
- The number of loans is limited to 40 media.
- Loose-leaf collections and newspapers cannot be borrowed.
3 Weeks CD-ROM/DVD 3 Weeks
Single issues of a journal
Presence copies (red ribbon)
Over night or over the weekend Semester apparatus Usually over night or over the weekend
- The loan period can be extended three times, after which the media must be handed in.
- An extension is possible at the earliest 1 week before the deadline
- If there is no reservation, the medium can be borrowed again.
- Borrowed media can be reserved.
- You will be notified automatically as soon as the desired book is ready to be picked up.
- The delivery time is 7 calendar days.
Personally Mo - Fr 8.30 a.m. - 7.00 p.m. / In the semester break: Until 4.00 p.m. By phone 06241/509-440 (Mo - Fr 8.30 a.m. - 7.00 p.m. / in the semester break until 4.00 p.m.) Via E-Mail email@example.com Via the Online Catalog (User account) https://www-opac.hs-worms.de
Book return boxes
You can use our book return boxes outside of the opening times.
- The book box in the area of the locker wing (to the right of the library service entrance) is accessible during the general opening of building A.
- Another return box is available in the 24-hour room. This box is accessible 24/7.
The book return boxes are emptied daily. The books are then considered to be returned and your borrowing account is credited accordingly.
Book pick-up station
There is a book pick-up station in the university's 24-hour room, making it accessible to all students around the clock, seven days a week. It works in a similar way to a Packstation for postal parcels.
When ordering a book, it is stated that you would like to receive the books at the pick-up station:
- The ordered literature is put together by the library team and deposited in a collection box.
- The orderer receives an email from which it can be seen in which collection compartment the desired literature is located.
- Each orderer is given a personal opening code for the assigned collection box.
Home delivery service
Current fee schedule
Current Fee Schedule (from September 1, 2023)
- The payment of library fees is usually carried out cashless via the payment machine on the ground floor of the university building A (please present the payment receipt at the circulation desk).
- If you prefer a bank transfer, please send an e-mail to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you the necessary information in return.