The master's degree program "International Tourism Management" was designed as a business degree program with a strong focus on tourism and transport management. It is aimed at graduates of tourism and/or business administration bachelor's degree programs and is therefore equally well suited for tourism professionals as well as career changers.
What you can expect:
- The master's program allows you to expand your tourism expertise and deepen the skills you acquired in your bachelor's program.
- After a basic introduction to international tourism management, you will specialize in individually chosen career fields in the travel and tourism industry as well as travel technology.
What additionally distinguishes the study program:
- In the four-semester variant, you have the opportunity to integrate a semester abroad or an internship.
- The predominantly German-language course of study is rounded off by foreign-language intercultural teaching content and interactive teaching elements.
As a Master's graduate, you will have a broad, detailed and critical understanding of the tourism and transport industry that goes far beyond the knowledge gained in your Bachelor's degree. You will be able to independently carry out projects in professional practice and take on outstanding responsibility in a team. The program is designed in such a way that you will specialize in selected areas in tourism and transportation. These include in particular:
- Tour operators, online and offline travel distribution
- Transport carriers (airlines, rail, bus, cruises, car rental)
- Tourist destinations (tourism organizations, incoming agencies)
- Hotel, parahotel and hospitality industry
- Business travel agencies and travel departments in companies
- Events (trade fairs, congresses, marketing events)
Your career prospects as graduates are therefore consistently positive, as the travel and tourism industry is expected to see a significant increase in demand for more highly qualified tourism business management specialists in the coming years. The university degree as "Master of Arts (M.A.)" not only qualifies you to take on management tasks, but also entitles you to take up doctoral studies.